the bakers’ table
Thanks for all your messages of support and congratulations following our appearances on Britain’s Best Bakery. We were winners of the Regional Heat for Mid and North Wales but were beaten in the Regional Final for Wales and Central England by Birmingham Bakers Maison Mayci.
Look out for the book which features some of our recipes and is available to pre order on Amazon.
We are finalists in the Countryside Alliance Awards 2013 in the Category ‘Local Food’.
We are sorry but we don’t allow dogs in the Cafe.
Winter Hours Tues – Sun 10-4pm and Bank Holidays (bread baked Tuesday – Saturday). Lunch served 11.30-3pm.
Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea, March 30th 3-5pm with live music, £12 per head or £45 for family of four, bring your own bubbly as we are unlicensed. Ring us with your card details to book your places.
The Bakers’ Table Cafe makes everything from scratch including the unique relishes and pickles that enhance our dishes. Our specials change daily and include Welsh Rarebit and tasty vegetarian curries. We are famous for our sausage rolls made with spelt puff pastry and our scones and Bara Brith are often pronounced ‘the best I have ever had’.
We use only use bread from our on site bakery and our soup and sandwich deals are always popular. If you are looking for a more substantial meal try our ‘Talgarth Tapas’ or Miller’s Lunch.
We always have home made gluten free cakes and can offer gluten free bread (not made on our premises). We are happy to discuss and accommodate special dietary requirements.
We welcome group bookings.
We will be running a variety of courses in 2014, covering breads, pastries and cakes. For more information please follow the link below, email email@example.com or telephone us on 01874 711125.
Our classes will be run by Meg Jones. Meg has had a life long passion for baking & a deep interest in the production of good quality locally sourced food. She recently spent a year studying artisan baking, flour confectionery & dairy at the highly rated School of Artisan Food in Nottinghamshire. Armed with an advanced diploma in artisan baking Meg is on a mission to bring baking and bread making to everyone. She is especially keen to get children interested in baking and food production. You can follow her on Twitter @megsbakes
Featuring on our menu
- James Gourmet coffee: From Ross-on-Wye, Peter James provides fantastic coffee roasted and blended from the finest estates of the world.
- Chutneys and jams are supplied by Black Mountain Preserves from Talgarth common using fruit grown in and around the town.
- Welsh Farmhouse Cheeses including Hafod and Caerphilly.
- Welsh Farmhouse Apple Juice by Craig Barn Farm and Aber Valley.
- Brian George family butcher of national fame fresh meat and home cooked ham.
- Black Mountains Smokery’s delicious salmon and mackerel.
- Usk River preserves, a delicious selection of award winning chutneys and relishes.
- Primrose Farm, Felindre provides us with organic salads, herbs, vegetables and fruit.
- Rowlestone Farmhouse Ice Cream and Sorbets – award winners!
Pizza & Flix: 3rd Saturday of the month Jan – May and Sep – Nov.
Pizza and film £10. Give us a call to book your place. Upcoming films – March 15th, Nebraska.
We sell gift vouchers which can be used in the Cafe, for pizzas or courses.
Financial benefit isn’t the only advantage that accrues to iphone proprietors with jailbreaking, http://jailbreakiphone4s.mobi though this is actually the prime motive that drives 1000′s to create frantic searches on the web for any reliable tool. Those http://jailbreakiphone4.mobi who have accomplished jailbreak iphone say these were amazed once they found additional features on their own very same phone they can use.